On Wednesday 31 December 2003 16:07, Dany wrote:
> Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
*SNIP*

> This is pretty much what I've tried. My user is in the Wheel group.
> Would this exact configuration work ?    Should I set any other
> permission in order to have the user from the wheel group to mount drives?
>
> Thanks for posting your configuration.
>
> PS: One thing I've noticed with this specific user, whenever he creates
> something the file/directory will show owner:username   group:username.
> I've used the command "groups" as well as chpass I think and they gave
> me only one group for this username... wheel.  Why doesn't wheel appear
> as the group owner for stuff that username is creating ?

When you add a user with "adduser" by default FreeBSD creates a group similar
named like the username. If you later say that this user should be in group
wheel it's additional.

This line just gives write access to group. You can either add the line:
own    acd0 root:wheel

or you edit /etc/groups and add your user to the group operator.
I'd prefere the latter.

Here's my simple /etc/group example:
# $FreeBSD: src/etc/group,v 1.28 2003/04/27 05:49:53 imp Exp $
#
wheel:*:0:root,harry
daemon:*:1:
kmem:*:2:
sys:*:3:
tty:*:4:
operator:*:5:root,harry
mail:*:6:
bin:*:7:
man:*:9:
games:*:13:
staff:*:20:
sshd:*:22:
smmsp:*:25:
mailnull:*:26:
guest:*:31:
bind:*:53:
uucp:*:66:
dialer:*:68:
network:*:69:
www:*:80:
nogroup:*:65533:
nobody:*:65534:
harry:*:####:
schowi:*:####:
administrator:*:####:
alle:*:####:root,harry,uli,schowi,administrator
setiathome:*:####:

-Harry