"Chad Albert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I am writing a script that mails me when certain events occur.  I am
> using mail(1) to notify me by email when some things happen.  I have
> read the man page and I don't see a way to attach a file, does anyone
> know how to use mail(1) to attach a file?

You don't, at least not as a MIME attachment (mail(1) doesn't
understand MIME).  You can include a file in the message;
traditionally, by using uuencode(1) if the file is binary...

--
Lowell Gilbert, embedded/networking software engineer, Boston area:
                resume/CV at http://be-well.ilk.org:8088/~lowell/resume/