On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 11:09:28AM -0500, stan wrote:
> I'm setting up a FreeBSD machine behind a firewall to recieve mail. Inside
> teh firewall the machines are in a "fak" domain. The IP address that is on
> the outside of the firewall is in a vaild DNS block.
>
> Looking at the default freebsd.mc config file, I don't see anywhere to tell
> sedmail to accept mail for the real domain. What am I missing?

All you have to do is add the list of addresses (ie. the RHS part,
after the @ symbol) to the file /etc/mail/local-host-names, one per
line.  This file should list all of the addresses that your server
does final delivery for.

> Also how can I set up wildcarding, so that mail for that domain that does
> not go to a valid user gets directed to a specifc user on that system?

This is a job for virtusertable -- read about what you can do with
virtusertable funtionality in /usr/share/sendmail/cf/README.  The
default FreeBSD configuration already includes virtusertable support,
so all you have to do is create a file /etc/mail/virtusertable into
which you put a line like the following:

    @virtual-domain.com      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Then run make in /etc/mail which will process that file into the db
hash file sendmail uses to do it's lookups.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way