Hello,

I'm trying to get some help installing the tarball in the subject line because I do
not have an internet connection at home, and every time I have tried to build a binary
from source
I've have been unable to because of some missing dependencies. I'm new to asking for
help but I would like some guidance simply to be able to start developing my own apps
and to be able to help some other poor slub who doesn't have a clue. So, I have freebsd
4.8 with linux compat enabled and I can't get the package to configure because it needs
" autoconf". So if anyone has an answer for me it would be a blessing. Happy New Year!

             nikita