Hello all,

 I'm totally new to FreeBSD, and I come from a Linux-Gentoo experience.
I installed 5.2RC2 yesterday without much hassle, but I'm having problems
installing OpenOffice.org v1.1 package, due to some dependency errors
coming from pkg_add that I couldn't solve either looking at the docs
or skimming through past posts.

So, I downloaded the FreeBSD package from:

http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/current/openoffice-1.1.0_1.tbz

 First thing I tried was to run pkg_add on the downloaded package,
which failed due to some dependency errors:

 falcon# pkg_add ./openoffice-1.1.0_1.tbz
 pkg_add: could not find package glib-1.2.10_10 !
 pkg_add: could not find package gtk-1.2.10_10 !
 pkg_add: could not find package ORBit-0.5.17 !

 Then I tried the "-r" option, hoping the command would automatically
download the missing and necessary packages, without much luck as
pkg_add refused to use the local ./openoffice-1.1.0_1.tbz, and was
looking for it on ftp.freebsd...:

 falcon# pkg_add -r ./openoffice-1.1.0_1.tbz
 Error: FTP Unable to get ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/
  i386/packages-current/Latest/./openoffice-1.1.0_1.tbz: File
  unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
 pkg_add: unable to fetch 'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/
  i386/packages-current/Latest/./openoffice-1.1.0_1.tbz' by URL

 I then set the PACKAGESITE to the appropriate link to download openoffice,
but then this same site was used to download the missing packages which
were obviously not found.

 falcon# setenv PACKAGESITE http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/current/
 falcon# pkg_add -r ./openoffice-1.1.0_1.tbz

I'm surely doing something wrong, but my questions are:

 . is there a way to specify more than one FTP/HTTP source for
   packages ? PACKAGESITE does not seem to accept a syntax where
   different URLs are separated by a semicolon (":");

 . do I have to manually download the necessary packages that
   openoffice depends on ? Or is pkg_add really able to do that alone ?

Thanks for any help / documentation pointers you might give,

 Best regards,
  Luca.