Hi Shawn,

Depending on your needs, I would suggest checking out CVS (cvshome.org). The CVS system is built on top of RCS and designed to manage entire software projects. The CVS client comes base system in BSD and most *NIX systems. Take a look at cvsd (http://tiefighter.et.tudelft.nl/~arthur/cvsd/) in the ports collection for a CVS pserver. CVSWeb (http://www.freebsd.org/projects/cvsweb.html) , a project maintained by none other than FreeBSD, is a nifty add-on that lets you browse CVS repositories through a browser. My setup includes a lot of Windows users so I also use TortoiseCVS (www.tortoisecvs.org) to allow Win-users CVS functionality.

The documentation on all of these is quite good. It took me from the ground up. Take a look and post back if you have any specific technical questions/issues/problems.

HTH,

Christopher Hollow

Shawn Guillemette wrote:

Once apon a time I worked for a company that had used somthing called "RCS" to protect files from being writen to by more then one user at the same time.

Im now in a situation where that would become helpful. I have read the man pages on RCS and looked for documantation on the web including the FreeBSD diary site and wanted to post to you all to see if anyone had any links to some good documentation on this. Even how-to's would be great.

Thanks

-- Christopher Hollow - Technical Consultant Infrastructure & Technology Support Toronto, ON