Duane Winner wrote:

Does anybody know of a workaround for this?

When I'm not connected to my ethernet network, it takes an extra 90
seconds to boot my FreeBSD laptop, as it hangs on this boot message
before timing out:

"Doing initial network setup: hostname"

I'm guessing it has something to do with DNS lookup and can't reach the
server(s), but I'm not sure.

My best guess is indeed also a DNS lookup which goes into nothingness ;-)

You should be able to avoid the DNS query if you have the hostname it is trying to lookup (such as your FQDN) in your /etc/hosts file.

HTH & HAND,

--
Simple guidelines to happiness:
Work like you don't need the money,