Lowell Gilbert wrote:

Dan Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

In the last episode (Jan 06), Alex said:

Hi everybody!

Some time ago there wasn't any possibility to create disk file larger than 2G and there was no problem with lseek().

Some time ago meaning around 1997? FreeBSD has had 64-bit file access
since at least 2.2.0. I don't remember if earlier versions had support
for it or not.

off_t has *never* been anything but 64-bit in FreeBSD.

This is interesting, having had to deal with the LARGEFILE_64_SOURCE and _LP64 'hacks' (llseek(), creat64(), etc etc...back in Solaris from 2.6 on, which seem to still be in place in Solaris 9. Are all file operations and mmap() 64 bit capable then in FreeBSD (or presumably Open/Net/FreeBSD?) I don't see any LARGEFILE constants in FreeBSD....

Scott