At 10:58 AM 1/7/2004, you wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 09:44 am, Mazen S. Alzogbi wrote: >> > >I installed kdebase along with other packages using pkg_add but I cannot > >run start-kde. Why? Where is my KDE files that I installed are located? >> > >TIA. >> > >Mazen

>There is a meta-port "kde3" that will install the desktop environment. There
>is also a comparable package on the ftp sites.
>
>Once KDE is properly installed, enter "startkde" (without quotation marks)
>into ~/.xinitrc and execute startx.

Also make sure you have an Xserver that works.
This is how I do it:
X -configure  follow directions moving XF86Config.new to /etc/X11/XF86Config
install kde3 the metaport:
cd /usr/ports/x11/kde3 && make install
create file .xinitrc with startkde in it
startx with whatever options you want to startx with
I use:
startx -- -depth 24

works for me.

dave