> Great! But what does " recompile the kernel with device pcm" mean? :(

Sounds like it is time for you to do some studying.
Before you started an install, you should have read enough
of the handbook to at least have encountered that concept
and know where to go back to for more information.

Even if you just looked in a kernel configuration file
in     /usr/src/sys/i386/conf    (try the one called LINT)
you could begin to guess.

////jerry