On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 10:47:26PM +0100, Marc UBM Bocklet wrote:

> I've googled around and looked at www.sendmail.org and the handbook, but
> was unable to find anything regarding that subject.
>
> My problem is that the smtp-server at my sendmail smarthost is
> listening on port 697 instead of 25 and i need a way to tell sendmail
> that.
>
> I experimentally tried
>
> define(`SMART_HOST', `smtp-server.com:697')
>
> but that didn't work.
>
> Any help is appreciated :-)

Try:

    define(`RELAY_MAILER_ARGS', `IPC $h 697')dnl

This overrides the 'RELAY' mailer (which should be what gets used when
you connect to your smart host) to connect on port 697.  If necessary
you can use the mailertable functionality to force all messages to the
smart host to use the 'relay' mailer:

    .           relay:smtp-server.com

        Cheers,

        Matthew