It all depends on what you need. You should really do the kernel config file
yourself, but perhaps I can give you a hand. Attached is my kernel
configuration file for a Dell PowerEdge 4500, also with PERC RAID
controller. It's an SMP box, but I've commented out SMP in the config file.

Note that my kernel configuration file supports a sound card, OHCI USB
controllers, an Intel network card (fxp), Adaptec SCSI drivers (ahc/aic),
only one serial comm. port, no IDE.

Ernst

On Thursday 08 January 2004 12:47, Eivind Hestnes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone out there with a complete custom kernel config for the Dell
> PowerEdge 1750 w/PERC4 RAID-controller (one of those pizzaboxes :-)
>
> - Eivind Hestnes

> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
# BLACKY -- Generic kernel configuration file for FreeBSD/i386
#
# $Id: BLACKY,v 1.10 2004/01/05 15:05:35 root Exp root $

# General options
ident           BLACKY
#makeoptions    DEBUG=-g
options         COMPAT_43       # Compatibility with BSD 4.3
maxusers        0

# Boot options
options         USERCONFIG

# Processor
machine         i386
cpu             I686_CPU
device          npx0    at nexus? port IO_NPX irq 13
#options        SMP
#options        APIC_IO
options         USER_LDT

# Bus architectures
device          isa
device          pci

# File systems
options         FFS
options         FFS_ROOT
options         SOFTUPDATES
options         UFS_DIRHASH
options         MSDOSFS
options         CD9660
options         PROCFS

# Advanced Power Management
device          apm0    at nexus? flags 0x20

# FireWire
device          firewire        # FireWire bus code
device          sbp             # SCSI over FireWire (Requires scbus and da)

# Networking
device          miibus
device          fxp
options         INET
options         ICMP_BANDLIM
pseudo-device   loop
pseudo-device   ether
pseudo-device   bpf
device          fwe

# Process-related options
options         KTRACE
options         P1003_1B
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING
options         SYSVSHM
options         SYSVMSG
options         SYSVSEM

# Floppy drives
device          fdc0    at isa? port IO_FD1 irq 6 drq 2
device          fd0     at fdc0 drive 0

# SCSI
options         SCSI_DELAY=5000
device          ahc
device          aic0    at isa?
device          scbus
device          da
device          cd
device          pass
device          amr

# Keyboard and mice
device          atkbdc0 at isa? port IO_KBD
device          atkbd0  at atkbdc? irq 1 flags 0x1
device          psm0    at atkbdc? irq 12
options         KBD_INSTALL_CDEV

# Video, graphics and terminals
device          agp
device          vga0    at isa?
pseudo-device   splash
device          sc0     at isa? flags 0x100
pseudo-device   pty
options         UCONSOLE

# USB support
device          ohci            # OHCI PCI->USB interface
device          usb             # USB Bus (required)
device          ugen            # Generic
device          uhid            # "Human Interface Devices"
device          ukbd            # Keyboard
device          ulpt            # Printer
device          umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da
device          ums             # Mouse
device          uscanner        # Scanners

# COM ports
device          sio0    at isa? port IO_COM1 flags 0x10 irq 4

# Sound card
device pcm