On Saturday 10 January 2004 07:46 pm, Mazen S. Alzogbi wrote:
> Eric,
> Doing so didn't helped even. After rebooting and grep pcm
> /var/run/dmesg.boot, I see that:
>
> pcm0: <SiS 7012> at device 2.7 on pci0
> pcm0: unable to map IO port space
> device_probe_and_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6
>
> Gautam, the same result above showed when I "# kldload snd_ich" on the
> prompt :(
>
> Guys, is this thing supported or even solvable?

Yes, it is solvable.  In your system BIOS, make certain that your system is
set to 'Non Plug-and-Play OS.'  This will enable the BIOS to assign
appropriate IRQs and such.  You have some conflict, which I'm not 100%
certain on how to track.  Someone on this list should be able to answer that
part.  Once you figure this out, you should set a line in your kernel config
(not sure on syntax) to the effect of assiging an unused IRQ.  It IS
recognizing your sound card and trying to use it, but it's running into an
Input/Output (that's where it gets IO in IO port space) conflict.

--
Eric F Crist
AdTech Integrated Systems, Inc