rob.c wrote:

Hello All,

I used to peruse my logs (when prompted by events in the periodic script
output emails) using zcat, however i've just tried again for the first time
recently and appears the logfile compression format has changed. This is in
turn means that i can no longer use a command like "zcat
<yesterdayscompressedlogfile> | grep searchstringfromoutputemail" as it just
renders a "not in gzip format" message. So my question really is ... is
there an alternative to zcat that can read .bz2 compression or do i have to

regards,
rob
(aka peas)

bzcat would seem to be part of the base system...

Scott