Philip Schulz wrote on Monday January 12, 2004:

>  I'm currently working on a program which will be used in a closed
company
> environment. The programm is written in C. For this program, I need to
find
> way of parsing a configuration file. I found a library which can do
exactly
> what I need, it's GLib's lexical scanner [1]. However, it's licensed
under
> the
> GPL, so I guess it won't work for me.

As far as I understand it, the main requirement of the GPL is that you
make the source available to the same people that use the binaries. So
if your program was never released outside the company, an internal FTP
server hosting the source should be sufficent.

Are there other aspects of the GPL that make it unsuitable for your
project?