Hi all,

I've just installed bind9 from ports. I've got everything set up and the nameserver works except rndc. I've followed numerous instructions (bind howto, freebsd ezine) and still keep getting a strange error in my syslog. I won't post named.conf or rndc.conf yet as the error doesn't seem to point to them as being the problem. When i run /usr/sbin/named everything starts ok but i get:

/etc/namedb/named.conf:102: Ignoring BIND 9 inet control clause

in /var/log/messages

my controls statement in named.conf is:

controls {
        inet 127.0.0.1 allow { localhost; } keys { "mykey"; };
        };

any thoughts?

august