On 13/01/2004, at 12:43 PM, Ted Suzman wrote:

Stuff you put in rc.conf overrides settings in /etc/defaults/rc.conf

Never modify /etc/defaults/rc.conf

-----Original Message-----
From: August Simonelli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 5:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: /etc/rc.conf vs /etc/defaults/rc.conf

Hi all,

I've looked in the handbook (and probably missed the explanation) but am still a little confused. What's the difference between
these two rc.conf files? Both affect things, but what is best practice for their use?

Thank in advance,

August

PS I'm using 4.9 and realize some things may be differnet in 5.x ...

Thanks all who helped me on this! I really do appreciate it!