Thanks - I will give this a try when I get a chance.  When I got back in to
work yesterday I found a couple of 10/100 cards from a different vendor
(Intel) and threw them in and they worked on the first boot.  Depending on
how much time we have before my team needs to begin using the box, I may not
be able to test with the old cards, but I'll tuck away this information for
future use.

Thanks for everyone's help!  BTW, we're going to be using the machine as a
router in our test lab and setting up ipfw rules in conjunction with
dummynet 'pipes' for WAN emulation.  As I've been playing around with this
I've been amazed at all that can be done with it -- hats off to the FreeBSD
community for building such an excellent tool.

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]"