John Adams wrote:
On Monday, January 12, 2004, at 09:59 PM, fbsd_user wrote:

It would be a whole lot more helpful if you posted your ppp.conf
and the ppp.log of your last test

I may have to type this in--I'm unable to mount the floppy drive, and MAKEDEV is telling me "bad unit for disk in: fd*" for each /dev/fd*. Should I consider this a second message to me saying, you have weird hardware, and give up? I'd rather not. Perhaps I have a different problem to work with first, getting the floppy mounted so I can write logs to it. Advice?

How are you trying to mount your floppy? "mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt"?

Explain how you know FBSD has found your modem and can connect to
it.

Perhaps it hasn't--the last thing in the ppp.log is:

ppp[116]: tun0 : Command: /dev/tty: set device cuaa0

That's from the interactive mode entry. From the auto mode entry, the last listing is:

ppp[116]: tun0: Phase: PPP Started (auto mode)

This might be a silly question, but the modem is plugged into serial port 1 isn't it? Try using /dev/cuaa1? Are your serial ports probed correctly during boot? Look at "dmesg|grep cuaa".

TBH, it's been a long time since I did PPP under FreeBSD. Broadband rules ;)

Andrew