John Adams wrote:

On Tuesday, January 13, 2004, at 10:29 AM, Andrew Boothman wrote:

How are you trying to mount your floppy? "mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt"?

Well, I was just naively trying mount /dev/fd0 /mnt, but now I've tried it as you suggest, and again gotten "Device not configured". This is also what fdformat gives me when I try to format the disk. I'm also unable so far to mount the CD drive.

Are your serial ports probed correctly during boot? Look at "dmesg|grep cuaa".

Now, that's interesting. I get results for sio, but nothing for cuaa or tty.

That's because serial ports _are_ probed as sios - sorry my mistake.

I presume you get sio lines for all of your serial ports? My original point still stands, are you sure you're using the right one for where your modem is plugged in?

Have you read through http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/dialout.html ?

Andrew