shalom,
      I read the manpage on devfs and can't make heads or tails of it. I've a cs4236
onboard pnp sound card that took 2 months to finally get running and I'm gonna wait
that
long this time. My box is a dell optiplex gx1 and using old school rules catted
dmesg.boot and found pcm0<my card> but when I tried to run sh MAKEDEV snd0
I find that makedev is now deprecated. please assist in my using devfs to make device
nodes please reply to address above. Thanks

                         nikita