Eric F Crist wrote:

On Thursday 15 January 2004 08:06 pm, Nick Twaddell wrote:

Qmail is the way to go in my opinion.

http://www.lifewithqmail.org/lwq.html

http://www.pipeline.com.au/staff/mbowe/isp/webmail-server.htm

two good sites :)

Nick

Ok, from what you've told me as well as others, I'm gonig to 'try' qmail. However, is there a way to completely remove sendmail, so there's no confilct? There is no (absolutely none) use of sendmail at this time. Is there a package to install, or is it best to do so from sources?

make disable-sendmail, I think, in /usr/ports/mail/qmail after make install. You're prompted anyway. It writes sendmail-enable="NONE" to rc.conf.

If you're likely to make buildworld ever, then add NO_SENDMAIL=true to /etc/make.conf.

And /usr/sbin/sendmail is replaced by a link to /var/qmail/bin/sendmail so anything that uses sendmail remains functional.

The docs at www.lifewithqmail.org are v good.

PWR.

PWR.