> (Sorry to insist, I'm still blocked with this "unable to write data to
> disk" dislaber editor problem. I really need to solve it urgently because
> I need new hd space.

How about providing us with some more information? I would love to have a
crystall ball and see into other people's mind, but alas, I still don't
have it. So, in other words, what is your configuration? What type of
drive are you using? (specs) Is it a RAID setup? If so, what kind of RAID?
What is the configuration of your /etc/fstab? What kind of filesystem are
you using? What is the interface it's attached to? Unless you provide
people with decent information the chance is high that they aren't going
to help you out.

> Is it possible that this problem occurs because the swap partition is also
> idad1s1?

No that shouldn't be the thing, since it's fairly logical to have a swap
partition on the same disk.

> Perhaps you have some ideas I can try?

Cheers,

Jorn