On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 11:50:42AM -0600, Eric F Crist wrote:
> Where do I get a PowerPC ISO to install?  (I recently obtained an old Mac G3).
> I'm not seeing anything readily identifiable in pub/FreeBSD on the ftp
> server.

PPC isn't a tier-1 architecture yet, which means that PPC isos aren't
produced as standard during a release.  In fact, according to the PPC
project page FreeBSD on PowerPC doesn't quite boot to single user mode
yet -- although I suspect that report is probably due for revision,
last having been modified in July 2003.

See http://people.freebsd.org/~grehan/install.html for some
instructions.  Note: current status is not suitable for casual users,
requires significant code-fu in order to use.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way