On 1/15/2004 11:15 PM, Scott W wrote:
Hey all, just wanted to share a link to an interesting article comparing/contrasting *BSD (primarily FreeBSD) and Linux, at
http://www.over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/bsd4linux1.php

No affiliation, came across it on one of the bsd news sites...as a long time Linux user/admin/developer(pre-1.0 kernel), but dealing with Solaris and other *nixes pre-Linux, it's interesting to see someone else put to words some comments along the line of some of my 'close, but not quite completely thought out' thoughts, when I've tried to explain to co-workers and friends some of the reasons I've come to be less than thrilled with RedHat, yet really like Gentoo and FreeBSD.

Anyways, happy reading...

Scott

You can blame me for the Slashdot post -- I first was exposed to FreeBSD through Slashdot, so I guess I couldn't help posting it in my desire to bring others into the fold.

Matt, let me know if this was unwanted/damaging -- I can help pay for bandwidth as penance if needed...

Jon Noack