Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
Hi all,

I haven't used my infamous Toshiba Satellite with FreeBSD 4.8 very much
since I got my desktop system with a flatscreen.  I'm trying to think of
something interesting to do with it now.  I don't really need a separate
firewall, and it doesn't make sense to use it as a fileserver.  With a ppp
connection, it couldn't easily be a webserver either.

Any ideas on something interesting to use it for?  Maybe some kind of
learning experience?

NOTE: Please CC me, as I am not currently subscribed. Thanks.

jm
Actually,
I'm in a similar situation but because of laptop memory. (I only have 16MB RAM available.)

I was planning to use it to play with kerberus 5 as the KDC.

Since it is just a little home network, I'm not worried about physical security. ;-) e.g. Someone walking away with my kerberus box.
Cheers...