"Andrew L. Gould" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Wednesday 21 January 2004 07:43 am, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> > "Andrew L. Gould" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > > When ports install sgml documents to /usr/local/share/doc/*, what apps
> > > are used to view them without the markups?
> >
> > Normally a web browser is used to view the html files that are
> > generated from them...
>
> I'm trying to view the operators' guide for dancer-ircd port.  The sgml
> documents are in /usr/local/share/doc/dancer-ircd/sgml/dancer-oper-guide/.
> I've installed the ports docproj and sgmltools; and I've read the README
> files and MAKEFILE's in the relevant directories.
>
> When I perform "make doc" per the MAKEFILE, it doesn't do anything. No
> messages are returned.
>
> When I use sgmltools, the html option creates one empty directory.  The ps and
> txt options create documents with the entirety of the contents on one line.
>
> Is it generally this hard to produce documentation, or is this port an
> exception?

The typical case is that the port does it for you.

In this case, the latest version of the port seems to download and
install text documentation; no sgml documents are installed, as far as
I can see.

--
Lowell Gilbert, embedded/networking software engineer, Boston area:
                resume/CV at http://be-well.ilk.org:8088/~lowell/resume/