Hello-
I have a 1.2GHz Athlon Thunderbird processor on a Shuttle AK12a motherboard.

I recently installed a Hitachi 180GB HDD as my primary hard drive.  No other hard
drives are currently installed in the system.

When trying to boot a FreeBSD floppy (with kern.flp) or a CD-RW with the installation
iso, it freezes on the cursor that alternates from |,/,-\,|, etc.   No error messages,
just stops on one of the alternating characters while trying to load/boot the kernel.

I currently have a 10Gig primary partition in which WinXP Home edition resides.  I
left the rest of the hard drive unallocated for the FreeBSD install.

I know my problem is not installation media, I'm suspecting it's the large hard drive
and it's incompatibility with FreeBSD.   I have tried FreeBSD 5.2 and 4.9 with the
exact same results.
I also know the drive itself is in fine working order, WinXP Home installed fine and
is working fine.

I would really appreciate any suggestions, after installing FreeBSD 5.2 on another AMD
K6 machine, I am impressed thus far.

Also, my question is not how to boot FreeBSD from any specific partition, I am getting
stopped just trying to start the installation process.

Thanks very much,
Kevin