I installed the courier mail server using portupgrade in this freebsd 5.1 box. pkg_info reports it as

courier-ldap-mysql-pgsql-0.44.0 Courier SMTP IMAP POP3 HTTP mail server suite

so, I then decided to confiigure it so I can actually use it. From the documentation, most of the files I need to access are in /usr/lib/courier. But, when I look for the "courier" directory, I find it in many places but the one that is mentioned above:

daffy# find / -name courier -print
/usr/local/etc/courier
/usr/local/libexec/courier
/usr/local/sbin/courier
/usr/local/share/doc/courier
/usr/local/share/courier
/usr/ports/mail/courier
/var/mail/courier
/var/spool/courier
daffy#

Now, that makes me feel a bit concerned. I have no problem with it sitting on /usr/local, but since the docs mention a lot the lib directory, and I cannot find it, I get concerned. Further down in the documentation, there is a mention of the file /usr/lib/courier/bin/sendmail. Looking for sendmail, I found it everywhere but inside a courier directory:

daffy# find / -name sendmail -print
/usr/libexec/sendmail
/usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail
/usr/local/bin/sendmail
/usr/sbin/sendmail
/usr/share/sendmail
/usr/src/contrib/file/Magdir/sendmail
/usr/src/contrib/sendmail
/usr/src/contrib/sendmail/include/sendmail
/usr/src/etc/rc.d/sendmail
/usr/src/etc/sendmail
/usr/src/share/sendmail
/usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail
/usr/ports/mail/sendmail
/usr/obj/usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail
/usr/obj/usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/sendmail
/usr/obj/usr/src/etc/sendmail
/var/tmp/temproot/usr/libexec/sendmail
/var/tmp/temproot/usr/obj/usr/src/etc/sendmail
/var/tmp/temproot/usr/share/sendmail
/etc/rc.d/sendmail
/etc.old/rc.d/sendmail
daffy#

Am I missing something here? Because, it does feel like courier's sendmail may have been installed wherever it felt doing so. Or nowhere at all. =(