At 19:32 +0000 1/22/04, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
If I have a couple of boxes in a home network that connects to the Internet
via ppp, is there any way I can name my network?  I don't want to register
a name, just use it locally.  This way I can refer to 'neptune.jonathon.org'
or something similar rather than '10.0.0.1'.

NOTE: Please CC me, as I am not currently subscribed. Thanks.

Assuming you a using a router to go outside, what you call your internal network is your own business. Only problem would be if someone from the outside had to access it.