On Jan 23, 2004, at 7:05 PM, Brent Wiese wrote:
I've never used it, but based on the way it reads, it seems like the
overhead of the calls on even a moderately busy site could have serious
server impacts. Am I worried about nothing or do I need to put my foot down so he doesn't affect the other jail users by taking up all the resources?

What resource(s) are you worried about CURL consuming? CPU time? Tell the user to run these processes using nice so that other user's tasks will be minimally effected.

If you're concerned about VM usage, or I/O, or something, experiment a bit and determine whether there is an issue, then consider saying "no", or tuning the system, or changing /etc/login.conf to adjust resource limits appropriately.

--
-Chuck