On Tuesday 27 January 2004 09:10 am, Brian H wrote:
> Currently I have the BSD boot loader running in my MBR, but since I only
> have BSD on my system I would like to replace it with the standard MBR. Is
> there a way with unix to safely reset the MBR?

I don't understand much about the MBR; but you might checkout fdisk.  'man
fdisk' shows some options to initialize or reinitialize the MBR.  I don't
know if either of these options resets the MBR to a standard/default state.
The man page also mentions that a default boot code is in /boot/mbr.

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould