--- Malcolm Kay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:03, Cristian Salan wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 11:51:55AM +0000, Feroz F.
> Basir wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I read your email to freebsd mailing list. You
> be able
> > > to mount nwfs under freebsd. I'm trying to mount
> nwfs
> > > as well but failed for some reason. I compiled
> in IPX,
> > > NCP and NWFS in kernel. I put these two line
> below in
> > > rc.conf file:
> > >
> > > ipxrouted_enable="YES"
> > > ifconfig_fxp0_ipx="ipx 0x00010010"
> > >
> > > This is base on freebsd example. When I ran
> "ncplist
> > > s" I got nothing at all. What am I missing here?
> Can
> > > you ched some light, please? How do I go about
> setting
> > > this ipx thingy under fxp0 interface?
> >

> I have not been able to find the original posting;
> perhaps to
> a different mail list.
>
> I am mounting nwfs on freebsd versions 4.5 to 4.8.
> The details
> of how to do this a not easy to find -- even when
> I've done it before.
>
> I think I originally only found the way through a
> query to this mailing list.
>
> At least for FBSD 4.x it is necessary to generate
> additional pseudo
> interfaces derived from the fxp0 (or whatever your
> base interface is)
> interface each dedicated to a particular IPX
> variant.
>
> This is done with the pseudo-device ef in the kernel
> configuration
> or you should be able to use the loadable module
> if_ef.ko.
>
> Take a look at the man page ef(4).
>
> Now configure with
> # ifconfig fxp0f2 ipx 0x00010010
> or whatever the appropriate variant is in your case
> or
> if you are not sure you should be able to fire up
> all 4 variants
>
> I have actually included this in the kernel
> configuration with:
>
> options         IPX                     #IPX/SPX
> communications protocols
> options         NCP                     #NetWare
> Core protocol
> pseudo-device   ef                      # Multiple
> ethernet frames support
> options         ETHER_II                # enable
> Ethernet_II frame
> options         ETHER_8023              # enable
> Ethernet_802.3 (Novell) frame
> options         ETHER_8022              # enable
> Ethernet_802.2 frame
> options         ETHER_SNAP
>
> and then in rc.conf you could use :
>  ifconfig_fxp0f2_ipx="ipx 0x00010010"
>
> Malcolm Kay

What I did on a 4.9 box (also works on 5.1)

in /boot/loader.conf-
if_ef_load="YES" #Loads pseudo-device ef (man(4) ef)
nwfs_load="YES"  #Loads nwfs module
ncp_load="YES"   #Loads NCP module

in kernel conf-
options         IPX

in /etc/rc.conf-
ifconfig_rl0f1_ipx="ipx 0x71ad01b" #See Note below
ipxrouted_enable="YES"

#Note
#my setup is using rl device
#pseudo interface used (the rl0f1)