If you have removed FreeBSD from your drive and would like to remove the FreeBSD bootloader, boot from a DOS floppy and run fdisk /mbr. The /mbr switch will "re-MS" the Master Boot Record, removing the BSD bootloader.

Christopher Hollow

Jerry McAllister wrote:

Hello,

   I recently installed Free BSD. I have two hard drives. I put it on the
second one. I took it of the drive because of some problems. Now when I boot
up a dos  message comes up saying the following:

F1 ??? F2 Disk 1

Boot:F1

This is your MBR talking.

The last part I cant remember exactly what it says but it is something like
that. I would like to know if their is something I need to delete of edit to
stop this from coming up? Thank you.

I don't know in MS land. In FreeBSD world check out boot0cfg(8) and related things.

////jerry

-- Christopher Hollow - Technical Consultant Infrastructure & Technology Support 1 Dundas St. West, 11th floor, Toronto, ON