Hi Everyone,
        On just one of my machines, I'm seeing a strange problem where
after X has been started, the text consoles no longer display.  If I
switch to them using control-alt-F[1-8], OR quit or kill X all I get is a
blank screen.

The monitor is getting a signal (the light is flashing green, rather than
orange), but no matter what key I press, I don't get any display on the
screen until I switch back to X. The text consoles are still THERE since I
can log into one, and start another X session - there is just no display.

It seems almost certain to me that this is some wierd problem with power
management - the question is what? Is there an effective way that I can go
through and turn off all power management? This machine is on and in use
24x7 anyway, so it is not really needed.

Paul