------- Forwarded message -------
From: Jorn Argelo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: rk47 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Booting with 80 Gig hard drive
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:13:32 +0100

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:37:39 +0200, rk47 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi FreeBSD'ers

I have a problem with booting from FreeBSD 4.8/4.9 and 5.2, they all gave
the same error. I have an 80Gig Seagate HD with a Pentium 4, Epox
motherboard and Phoenix version 2.2 BIOS.

When I install FreeBSD from CD it displays a warning stating that my disk
Geometry of 155061/16/63 is not correct and that it will use a more likely
setting (which turns out to be 9729/255/63 in the FDisk menu).

Let the BIOS probe for IDE devices, and thus it will probe for the proper geometry. Write down the cylinders/head/sectors and insert it when you're in the FDISK section of the installation.

Good luck,

Jorn