Eric F Crist disturbed my sleep to write:
> I installed MySQL server 4.1.0_1 to support the PostNuke CMS and the phpBB
> bulletin board system.  For the life of me, I can't get a database setup for
> either of them to use.  Both users groups tell me that there's a mysql
> problem with configuration.  Here are the errors:

Hm...if I had to guess, I'd say that either MySQL isn't running, or
phpBB/PostNuke haven't been configured correctly.

Try "ps auxw | grep mysql" and make sure it's running.  If not, the
start script should be /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql.sh (I think).

Try connecting to it using the mysql client and the MySQL user name and
password you've set up for your programs:

        $ mysql -u [MySQL user name] -p [database name]
        Password: *****

Finally, check the configuration for your programs and MySQL.  Is phpBB
trying to connect via TCP/IP?  If so, is MySQL set up to listen via
TCP/IP, or is it only on a file socket?  What about basics like the user
name and password?

Hope that helps...let me know how it turns out.

Hugh
--
Saint Aardvark the Carpeted
[EMAIL PROTECTED]