Geert Hendrickx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> You can better sync your source with cvsup rather then using the sources
>> which are being installed by the CD. Like that you'll always have the most
>> recent version of your FreeBSD installation.
>
> How do I do this?

I put some stuff in /etc/make.conf.  Then I execute the following
command to fetch the most recent sources from the server:

    cd /usr/src
    make update

Then, follow the process outlined in /usr/src/UPDATING to rebuild the
system.  I do:

    cd /usr/src
    make buildworld buildkernel installkernel
    shutdown now
    mergemaster -p
    make installworld
    mergemaster
    reboot

You may have to adjust this sequence of commands depending on your
config and on what /usr/src/UPDATING says.

Please do read the chapter "Staying current with ..."; it explains
this better than I can.  I only included the above to show that it
doesn't take many commands.

Here are the lines I put in /etc/make.conf.  Please adjust!

SUP_UPDATE=     yes
SUPHOST=        cvsup2.de.freebsd.org
SUPFILE=        /usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile
PORTSSUPFILE=   /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile
DOCSUPFILE=     /usr/share/examples/cvsup/doc-supfile

Kai