Rob wrote:

Hi,

I had trouble to get the swapfile setup, as explained in the handbook
(chapter "diskless operation").

I failed and then decided to do it in a more manual fashion:

Maybe I should illustrate also what actually failed with the swapfile setup from the handbook.

When my /etc/bootptab is as follows:

#----- Start ---
.default:\
        :hn:ht=1:vm=rfc1048:\
        :sm=255.255.255.0:\
        :sa=147.46.44.181:\
        :gw=147.46.44.1:\
        :hd="/tftpboot":\
        :bf="/kernel":\
        :rp="147.46.44.181:/tftpboot":\
        :T128="147.46.44.181:/home":\
        :T129=64000:

diskless:ha=0050fce9306f:tc=.default:

I get in /var/log/messages, the following lines:
  bootpd[19916]: in entry named ".default", symbol "T129": bad syntax

When I remove the T129 line, I get similar complaint about T128. So somehow this does not seem to be the right way, is it?

Thanks for help.

Rob.