Dear friends,
I need help to set up firewall on my freebsd 5.1 box. I have built new kernel
with ipfw enabled and is working fine.
I need to know which of the 3 interfaces do I put the natd and ipfw.
My freebsd 5.1 box has 2 nic cards. ed0 connects to LAN and ed1 connects to
adsl modem. I use user ppp to setup the connection to the isp who assigns
dynamic ip address to the tun0 interface. I have no ip address assigned to
ed1. I have traffc coming in through the tun0 from outside  to the LAN. Which
of the interfaces do I use to block unwanted traffic from the internet.- ed1
or tun0? How do I configure the tun0 interface for the firewall since I do
not know the interface address before hand? Secondly which interface do I
place natd?
If anyone has configured adsl with dynamic ip address assigned to tun0 I will
like to have some info about how it was configured with ipfw.
regds
ed
--
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]