Is there a way of having <? php code ?> print the name of
        its file (along with the number of hits for tht file) and
        keep track of all the files in a $WWW_ROOT/filecount page?

        Right now I have a cgi script tracking over 100 individual
        file with

        filename1       hitcount1
        filename2       hitcount2
        filenameN       hitcountN

        This question came about when I realized that I've got
        more than 30K hits on *all* my pages in the past 22 months.

        Of course, I could hand-code each individual filename  and
        call the counter code. Isn' there a more automagic way?

        thanks for any clues,

        gary

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix