I'm trying to get my FreeBSD 4.8 system working with a Canon
LiDE30 scanner, using SANE. I've installed everything required,
and read the man pages, but still can't seem to get off the ground.

Running sane-find-scanner only works as root, even with chmod 666
/dev/ugen0* . It returns:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9, product=0x220e) at libusb:dev/usb0:dev/ugen0

However, scanimage -L doesn't find anything, as root or not. Following
some manpage suggestions, I tried specifying the vendor and product ids
in the config file for the plustek backend, but this had no effect.

Any suggestions for what to try next?

Thanks.

Jesse Sheidlower