On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Dan Pelleg wrote:

> Vincent Poy writes:
>  >
>  >    That's the part where it becomes difficult since even though I
>  > have 8 IP's, it's still on a /24 mask so only the 8 IP's in that /24 are
>  > actually local.
>
> Use a /27 mask.

        a /27 would work except it'll be 32 IP's with 24 of them that
would need the traffic shaping.  So hopefully this would work:

ipfw add queue 1 ip from any to any out xmit xl0
or just ipfw add queue 1
followed by:

ipfw pipe 1 config bw 384Kbit/s
ipfw queue 1 config pipe 1 weight 30 mask all
ipfw pass from 192.168.0.0/16 to any
ipfw pass from 209.204.138.224 to any
ipfw pass from 209.204.138.225 to any
ipfw pass from 209.204.138.226 to any
ipfw pass from 209.204.138.227 to any
ipfw pass from 209.204.138.228 to any
ipfw pass from 209.204.138.229 to any
ipfw pass from 209.204.138.230 to any
ipfw pass from 209.204.138.231 to any
ipfw queue 1 from any to any

        Now just have to figure out how to make it so that ack's would
have priority.  Thanks!

Cheers,
Vince - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin