-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Alex Teslik
Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2004 12:09 PM
To: list-freebsd-questions
Subject: 3Com USRobotics 5699B 56k fax modem install

Hello,

    I've been trying to get this faxmodem setup so I can use
hylafax, but with
marginal luck. There is lots of documentation for adding support for
ISA PNP
modems, but I can't find anything for PCI PNP modems. I don't know
what to do
from here.

Here is some output - any recommendations greatly appreciated:

dmesg:
pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x12b9, dev=0x1007) at 10.0 irq 2
sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa0
sio0: type 16550A
sio1 at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa0
sio1: type 16550A

pciconf -lv:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:10:0:        class=0x078000 card=0x00c212b9
chip=0x100712b9
rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = '3COM Corp, Modem Division (Formerly US Robotics)'
    device   = 'ERL3263A-0 USR 56k Internal DF GWPCI PC99'
    class    = simple comms

uname -a:
FreeBSD xxx.xxx.xxx 4.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #5: Fri Feb  6
07:22:37
PST 2004
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DUALP3-4_8_0-RELEASE  i386

pnpinfo is not relevant with this card because this card is PCI, not
ISA.

Thanks!
Alex