Loren M. Lang wrote:
On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 06:06:32PM -0600, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

Does anybody know of a "GOOD" HOWTO to get Mozilla Messenger and OpenLDAP (2.2) to work well together [for addressbooks]?

I have been searching for doco all day and I have downloaded schema and entered configurations to no avail.

I don't know about any howtos off-hand, but the #ldap channel on
irc.freenode.net was a good help to me.  I used the inetOrgPerson schema
which is the same schema for M$ Outlook, Pine, and several other mail
clients.  Also, for Mozilla to work, I needed to add the following line:

allow bind_v2

AHA! That worked. I had Outlook reading just fine, but Netscape wouldn't do it. This has moved a long way in the right directly. Now the only trouble I am having is with some invalid Mozilla atributes in my ldif file, most second emails and the like. Here is an example:

ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
        additional info: attribute 'mozillaSecondemail' not allowed

This is defined in the schema, so I am not sure why it is failing ... is there a better schema to use somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Veldhouse