On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:33:19 -0500
"Rich Paredes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm pretty much at a loss and cannot understand why it cannot find the
> disks.  It has an Adaptec AIC-7895 controller and 4 IDE hard drives (Cypress
> 82C693 IDE)

Just a few guesses here, as I don't have an AlphaServer...

The AIC-7895 is a SCSI controller.  Without any SCSI drives, I'd say look into the
BIOS to see what your Boot Order is.  Change it so that it will try to boot from the
first IDE drive after the CD-ROM.  Or, remove the card if you're not going to be using
SCSI disks.

I didn't know you could get the AlphaServer with IDE disks.

If you have a RAID controller, you'll need to set it up so that it will have a logical
drive.  But again, that's if you've got SCSI drives...

- Dimitri