> You are right.
> /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile is more...
> explicit :)

What do you mean?  The handbook says "don't use tag=.,
except for ports", but the standard file has such.
Which is it?  Use it or don't?  And if I do what
branch will I be getting?

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook\
>   /cvs-tags.html
>
> 5.2.1 is not here right now.

Looking at that url I see two tags of note: RELENG_5_2
and RELENG_5_2_1_RELEASE.  is the _RELEASE tag just
the 5.2.1 as it was released and no updates since?  Is
RELENG_5_2 current ie = 5.2.1?

What I don't understand is what tag I should use to
follow the 5.X series.  Must I change the tag
everytime a new version comes out?  Is there not a tag
I can use that get the lastest in the 5.x CURRENT
series always?

Thanks,

-D