On Monday 09 February 2004 07:29 pm, Joey Mingrone wrote:

> Thanks for the tips Kent.  I'm running 4.9 (4.9-RELEASE-p2).
>
> I also did a cvsup of the ports tree and a portsdb -uU, and after
> make/buid world and a new kernel I also deleted everything is
> /usr/include/g++ and did: cd /usr/src && rm -r /usr/include/g++ &&
> make includes
>
> portupgrade -Rf id3lib updates the dependencies properly but still
> produces the same errors.
>
> I'm guessing the problem is in /usr/lib???I

I logged my build and then cp'ed your output onto my machine. We compare
until yours gets to section on "Making all in examples" and then after,
"mkdir .libs", yours falls apart and mine makes the lib and then
proceeds to "creating id3info". The only -L is /usr/local/lib. The
undefined references are typical c++ stuff. For example,

demo_info.o: In function `PrintUsage(char const *)':
demo_info.o(.text+0x1d): undefined reference to `cout'
demo_info.o(.text+0x22): undefined reference to
`ostream::operator<<(char const *)'
demo_info.o(.text+0x2b): undefined reference to
`ostream::operator<<(char const *)'
demo_info.o(.text+0x34): undefined reference to
`ostream::operator<<(char const *)'
demo_info.o(.text+0x40): undefined reference to `endl(ostream &)'

Do you have any refuses where you could be using old code or options
in /etc/make.conf? Also, are you cvsuping src-all completely. I am
running 4.9-stable but we shouldn't be that different.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA