Hi !

I use FreeBSD 4.9, an on my computer, the CD-ROM seems to support
"automatic acoustic management" (see results of atacontrol cap below).

How can I enable this feature (which seems disabled by default ?) Is
there an utility to do it under FreeBSD ?

Thank you very much in advance,

Regards,

js

# atacontrol cap 1 0
ATA channel 1, Master, device acd0:

ATA/ATAPI revision    0
device model          HL-DT-ST GCE-8483B
serial number
firmware revision     1.04
cylinders             0
heads                 0
sectors/track         0
lba supported
lba48 not supported
dma supported
overlap not supported

Feature                      Support  Enable    Value   Vendor
write cache                    no       no
read ahead                     no       no
dma queued                     no       no      0/00
SMART                          no       no
microcode download             no       no
security                       no       no
power management               no       no
advanced power management      no       no      0/00
automatic acoustic management  yes      no      254/FE  128/80