hi

try insert into /boot/device.hints:

hint.psm.0.flags="0x1000"

that works fine for on my toshiba satellite 1100-z20

regards michael

Francesco Casadei schrieb:
Peter Kurpis wrote:

I installed FreeBSD 4.7 on my Toshiba Satellite 1135 laptop, and I couldn't get the mouse working. (Windows says it's an Alps Pointing Device, on interrupt 12, plugged into the PS/2 port.)

On further investigation, when I tried

moused -p /dev/psm0 -i all

the daemon aborted, saying it failed to open /dev/psm0 (which does exist and looks sane) and also

Device not configured

What does "Device not configured" mean? I see psm listed in
the GENERIC kernel configuration file... What gives? What do I need to do to get it working?

P.S.  "Device not configured" was error 6 in errno, according to
truss.

P.P.S.  The same as above goes for the other two mouse devices
(mse0 and ums0) for what it's worth...

Please CC me on reply, as I am not a member of this group. Thanks!

From psm(4) manpage, "Driver Flags" section:

[...]
    bit 12 IGNOREPORTERROR
        This flag makes psm driver ignore certain error conditions when
        probing the PS/2 mouse port.  It should never be necessary under
        normal circumstances.
[...]

So, try to put the following line into /boot/device.hints:

hint.psm.0.flags="0x1000"

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Michael Hollmann

JAWA Management Software GmbH